Friday, March 14, 2008

Restaurant Review

Pastorero

I got some of the guys at work to come along for lunch, all of us have the Tacos al Pastor except for one guy, who had the Mamacita.

As always, the tacos were very good. The meat was very well cooked, and I'm starting to get used to the combination of the taco with the pineapple on top. It's the one food item in existence where the pineapple fits. Do not take this to mean I will try pineapple on pizza. The only place pineapple is appropriate is on the Tacos al Pastor at Pastorero...

Anyhow, I don't know anywhere else that you would get 5 tacos for $5, and have them be anywhere near as tasty. The service was quick, it's not like you are sitting around twiddling your thumbs waiting for the food to come.

We took Ledge with us, Ledge is fairly intolerant of spicy foods. I made wings at work once, they put Ledge out of commission for a couple of days. (His fault for eating them, I say. He knew what they were when he picked them up.) Ledge's comment was that the tacos were spicy, but not too spicy. I think the word Ledge is really looking for is "savory". Those Pastorero tacos as savory. Tasty savory. My mouth is watering thinking about them...

Everyone drop what you are doing and head on over. Brigham's Landing.

No comments: