Saturday, March 29, 2008

Restaurant Review

Tick Tock Diner
Clinton, NJ

This place was featured in the Food Network's "Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives" show. It's supposed to be one of the best diners in New Jersey. Being only 10 miles from our hotel here, I suggested we go there tonight or dinner. Having said that, they made me drive.

I had the California Wrap, which was a grilled chicken wrap. It was very good. It came which chips and salsa, I thought it was the salsa making things tasty until I had my first chip by itself. Their chips are very, very good. I don't know where they get them, but they had some sort of extra flavor to them you don't normally get, at least where I have been getting them.

I also had sweet potato fries. Very nice.

Gale had a hamburger, which I hear is right in character.

Jess had the prime rib, and enjoyed it very much.

Lots of the other things people were ordering looked very good, the general consensus is that we could go back there again this week to try something else on the menu. We'll see what happens.

After dinner, I gave in to the temptation to have one of their canoles. Man was that good, but I think it was more sugar than I have had in the last 4 months combined. I was a little light headed for a bit, but things have settled into head, neck, arms, and leg aches. I knew going into it I would pay for it, don't feel bad for me. It was a good canole.

No comments: