Sunday, March 30, 2008

Restaurant Review

Cheesecake Factory
Hackensack, NJ

After getting back to the hotel, eventually Jess felt better, so we went out to eat. We asked the girl at the hotel desk where a good Italian place was. She went and got a preprinted paper which a bunch of local restaurants on it, and directions, and pointed us to the Italian place on the paper. I didn't know if she really knew the place from first hand experience, it wasn't all that convincing of a sell. The place also sounded really expensive, so we ended up going to Cheesecake Factory.

I had the Shepard's Pie, which was good. The last time I was at a Cheesecake factory, I had the Shepard's Pie, it was good then as well. When I ordered it, the waiter wanted to know if I wanted the lunch sized plate or the dinner sized plate. I went into some sort of monologue about having had the Shepard's pie before, and the dish being pretty big, but if that was the lunch sized portion, I didn't want to order the dinner sized portion and end up having a platter 18 inches wide filled with food. I think I confused the waiter, so then I just said "Dinner sized plate, please." I guess this paragraph sounds funnier in my head.

They had a sugar free cheesecake there, I got it and had them put some banana slices on it. It was pretty good.

I think tomorrow we will get start exploring for our food again.

The hotel has a hot breakfast bar in the mornings, I went and looked at it this morning, and there was nothing there that was even tempting to eat. The scrambled eggs were round in shape, and flat. They looked odd. Maybe I will go back in the morning and try to look at the other foods, and try not to look at the eggs, and see if it makes a difference...

No comments: