Friday, March 07, 2008

Free Air

On my mission, I once had knew a missionary that was violently opposed to paying for compressed air. If he got a flat tire, he would walk his bike around rather than pay at a gas station to get new air in it.

We have a tire that's got some problems. It's got a slow leak in it. (This was missed for a while.) The tire needs to be replaced. I plan to do it sometime soon, but in the meantime, I have to go fill it up every few days.

The third time I went out to fill the tire with air, I went to one of the places near the house that charges 50 cents for 3 minutes. I put the first quarter in, and the thing started up. My first thought was that I was getting a deal only having to pay a quarter. My second thought was that I had been "paying for air". My third thought was that I should go buy an air compressor.

In the last week, I have discovered that Conocos in the area seem to all have free air. The air is connected to their car wash unit. I don't know if it's a company thing or just a local thing, but it's nice. No more paying for air to fill up the tire that I need to replace anyway.

1 comment:

jjp said...

Tara continues to remind me that this is Chevron that has the free air, not Conoco. I always call Chevron by the wrong name after I drive away from it...