Sunday, March 30, 2008

NYC tourism - the quick method

After Jess got his medicine, he was really just ready to sit back and relax to wait for the stuff to kick in. I was driving, so I decided to take the scenic way back to the hotel. Gale hadn't ever been to New York City, and likely won't be back. I'm not sure still if he's planning to hang out during the evenings with us, so I figured we should take at least a little time for him to see things.

We made our way down to Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty. It was a really clear day, there wasn't any problems seeing it. We drove past the World Trade Center site, it looks like they are starting to build again, but I didn't get a great look at it because I was trying to avoid a taxi that was in front of us. We drove all around, ended up going past things like Wall Street, the Empire State building, Radio City Music Hall, The Ed Sullivan Theater, and Central Park. After a while of this, I think they were done, so we went back to the hotel.

We ended up on the Henry Hudson parkway, which took us to the George Washington Bridge, and found out a secret: If you go onto the George Washington bridge from the Hudson parkway, you don't have to pay the toll at the bridge. Is that some NYC secret that I shouldn't divulge on the internet? It was nice.

No comments: