Friday, March 28, 2008

How do people find time for this stuff?


This evening, I was introduced to an ASCII version of Star Wars episode 4. (At least the first half of it, anyway.) To see it, you have to telnet to towel.blinkenlights.nl. (For windows people, open a command prompt and type telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl I assume Linux users already know what to do...) I find this fascinating. How did these guys find the time to do this? I assume they were in college then, and had plenty of time to work their way through all the frames of this. They must have graduated (or had kids, according to Ammon) before they were able to finish it.

Of course, I did take the time to watch the ASCII version of a Star Wars movie, with no sound in it, so maybe I have that kind of time. Maybe I should volunteer to help them finish. Or do the next movie...

No comments: