Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Caucus Meetings

I am missing the Precinct Caucus meetings in our area tonight. I am not affiliated with a political party. Maybe the biggest reason for this is my "I'll vote for the person I want to, not the one in my 'party'" attitude. I could do this even if I was affiliated with a party, so maybe the real reason is "I don't want you people bothering me" attitude. One way or another, there is an attitude involved. (This should suprise no one.)

A couple of days ago, I got a County poll worker questionaire. It basically says that they are moving to Electronic Voting machines, and now need 5 election judges/poll workers for each district. Usually around here, they are lucky to get the 3 they used to need. They also said by law they are required to consider those who sign up at the caucus meetings. I can pretty much guarente that they will still need me as a judge.

I don't mind being a poll worker. I usually end up getting an entire book read that day. You meet some interesting people. A couple of years ago, I nearly got to kick a reporter out of the place, he was bugging the voters, and talking about candidates. I confronted him, he said something about him always being able to do it, and there not being anything I could do about it. I said something like "Oh yeah?", folded my arms, giving him 'the voice' and 'the stare'. He decided to take his questions outside the building. (Wisely I might add.)

Don't ask me what the voice is. Tara can tell you. I don't do it on command, and I can't really hear it, it just comes out. I can give you the stare anytime you want.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Ah, you got the voice and the stare from me.... when your kids get a little older, you'll be able to produce the voice on command.