Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Things I remember that happened to me

I was talking to my Bishop tonight. (In the hall at the stake center...) He talked about how his class bribed him with Cadbury's Creme Eggs so that they could have an 'open scripture' midterm...

This reminded me of one of the summers I worked at the Scout camp. The camp would get food from the food bank. One of the things they got that summer was 5 cases of Cadbury's Creme Eggs. These were stored in the walk in freezer way down at the bottom of a hill. (there wasn't enough room in the one in the kitchen, I made many trips up that hill with a 2 wheel dolly hauling food. Not the point of this story.)

We had no plans to give the things to the scouts. There was a unspoken policy that anytime I got sent down to haul food back up, (quite often, being a young stapping boy who didn't know any better) I would raid the creme eggs. I ate a LOT of Cadbury Creme eggs that summer. Too many. Ever since, I had difficulty with these things.

Every couple of years, I will think I'm over my overdose. I will get a creme egg, bite into it, and not be able to finish it.

Moral of the story: It only takes one Summer of way too many creme eggs to spoil a pile of Easter seasons...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's the type of blog i'm talking about. classic john payne.