Monday, March 06, 2006

mlb.com gameday audio

I tried logging into mlb.com gameday audio this afternoon, I wanted some background noise while I worked on something. It turns out that for some reason, their feed is trying to use Windows Media player by default. This does not work so well on linux, where Windows Media player does not run.

I spent a little time trying to figure out how to get my browser to detect the realplayer installation I had on the machine. This still doesn't work, even though everything looks like it is in it's place. I didn't spent a ton of time on it, someday I will have to try again.

This brings a problem for me. I spend 5 months of the year listening to baseball games at work. If I can't get this linux installation to play the audio files, I may have to take drastic measures...

No comments: