Monday, March 27, 2006

Trip to the Califonia Science Center


I might have to make a trip. (How do I fit that in at this point?) The California Science Center is doing a very large Marvel Super Hero exhibit. California Super heroes Science Exhibit Here's their 2 cents about the thing:

Is there a biological basis to Hulk’s transformation? How can knowledge of simple mechanics help us command the strength of Iron Man? Find the answers to these questions and more. Learn about the remarkable achievements of current science and technology – achievements that in many ways give us special powers we dream of through the comics – while living the fantasy of your favorite Marvel Super Hero

Now I know that the real purpose of the thing is to get kids into the science center and get them thinking scientifically, but I have 2 questions:

  1. Why do they call it "California's Science Center"? Why not "Southern California's Science Center" or "The Science Center of Greater Los Angeles"? Does San Fransisco not have a science center? Do people from Northern California drive all the way down to LA to get into a science center?
  2. Why Marvel and not DC? I don't want to spark a Marvel/DC debate here, and I'm not sure that anyone who reads this blog would anyway, but if you made me pick one or the other, I likely would pick DC. I know that Marvel comics has a very large building in North Hollywood (or was the Van Nuys?), but Warner Brothers is down there too. I am sure the exhibit is really good, and you get the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Spiderman, and the X-Men, is there really anything else? (Some would say: "Outside of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash, is there anyone else?") I don't really know what I'm complaining about here, maybe I am just rambling. It would be cool to see some of that 9000 square feet being "things in Batman's utility belt" or whatever. I'm sure the exhibit is worth the admission fee. I won't complain about it again, and if I go, I'm sure I would have a good review.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this a Problem in Your Area

Wow What is going on with all these homes with severe mold problems. I cant believe the problems we are having in our homes today. It has always been here. ask about Mold Prevention