Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's Snowing

It's snowing. Not a lot, but it is snowing. (They say it could be 3 inches today, I'll believe it when I see it.) I've only used my shovel a few times this year.

In high school, I would have to shovel out quite a few mornings before we could leave for early morning seminary. This made early morning seminary not quite as early as it should have been. My senior year, it seemed for a little while like there would be snow on the ground 2 or 3 times a week. (like 4-6 inches or more.) That winter, every time I was out shoveling out, I would be almost done when the snowplow would come by and dump 3 feet of snow in the driveway from the street. (In Buffalo, you don't park on the street in the winter like you do here, this lets them actually clear the roads...) After they went by, I had 15 minutes more shoveling to get the car out. After a couple of times of doing this, the guy driving the plow seemed to start enjoying it. Here was this kid shoveling and nearly done, and then he came by and ruined it from me. The guy started coming by, honking and waving as he passed by. This did not improve my mood about the situation any.

We have maybe an inch here now, it took 3 hours. Maybe I'll have to shovel this afternoon.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Would you like some cheese with that whine?