Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Something I remembered that happened to me

When I had my first surgery on my hand, (speaking of these things, see the previous entry.) I had a large cast up past my elbow. My bed in my apartment was against the wall, I slept with the cast side at the wall. This was nice of resting it there as I was going to sleep. For about 2 weeks, I would wake up every morning with a dislocated shoulder. This was not very fun. First, I had a large heavy cast covering a hand that was not doing so well, then the dislocated shoulder added to the fun.

Tara remembers the following: (She had just met me then, she says I just looked pathetic back then. This was also back in the days when I purchased my own clothing and decided on my own what to wear.) She remembers a skinny kid with a huge cast. I'm not sure what her definition of skinny was, I don't remember being under 175. Compared to some of my brothers, 175 is definitely not skinny. (Maybe it's just fond rememberances of those days.) She heard I dislocated my shoulder in my sleep, and asked "isn't he still in the huge cast?" They all took pity on my from afar. (Something must have eventually stuck, although she says that contributed to my not being on her dating list...)

Anyway, after the dislocations started, I stayed up for a day, a night, and a day (didn't want to sleep, things kind of just hurt so bad) and I got mono. After that, I just slept all the time for a week.

All Tara has to do is look back in fondness at those days...

Have I ever mentioned how long it took me to graduate from college?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah the good old days.

rob

Mom said...

Now I know why some people call you random.......