Thursday, March 16, 2006

Netflix update

Some of you have been curious as to how netflix is going, here's my update.

After our 2 week free trial, I bumped our subscription to 3 at a time. We have liked it so far. one of our three rentals is for the girls. They take turns picking what to get. Next up for them is Justice League Unlimited. (They just got done with VeggieTales: Esther) Then Tara and I generally get one DVD for us to watch together, one that maybe we won't watch together. This is fine by me. I can fully support Tara in watching something like "Anne of Green Gables" without me. (Not that we haven't things that we don't both watch, but some of them get only 7-13% of my attention...)

We really like having such a large selection of stuff out there. Our 'most rented' is old TV shows.

In the last 30 days, we have had 17 'rentals'. This brings it to approximately a dollar a rental. (Same as Redbox, but not just new releases...) Our queue is 500 DVDs long, at the present rate, we will finish in 2 1/2 years from now. (We add things as we go, though, so we should be set for 3.5-4 years, I guess.)

If you have Netflix, or end up subcribing, send me an email via the 'friends' section. Then you can see our lineup, and we can send you suggestions.

In June, while Tara is away in Buffalo, the netflix rental strategy changes drastically. For that month, rentals will include: As many MST3K shows as it takes to get sick of it for a little while, Buck Rogers in the 25th century, Ken Burn's Baseball, The Tick. I may be open to suggestions if I get through all of that. Basically this is the list of things Tara does not want to watch.

Long story short: Netflix, we like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have seen all of the episodes of the Tick. They keep repeating the same shows over and over.

I think it was funnier in college.

Rob