Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Uncle John's Band



If I ever have a band, this will be our theme song. In fact, if I ever have a band, it will be all with members named John, who are uncles. Uncles with beards.

I post this for you as a tribute to "Something that happened to me once that I just remembered." On my mission one week, I couldn't get this song out of my head. I heard it playing in someone's house one day, and couldn't get it out of my head. The next morning, I heard it from someone's car, and again, couldn't get it out of my head. This was a problem, as I was a missionary, and was trying to work, but I must not have been singing enough hymns. It took a few days to get the song out of my head.

If you don't know, this is The Grateful Dead. I used to listen to some of their music, (not a lot, but some.) I'll admit it. I haven't in a long time, part of the problem with a lot of their music is that it's all about drugs. (Maybe not all, but you have to admit, a good portion of it was.) The fact that Tara didn't know who the band is indicates to me that it's been quite a long time since I have listened to any of their music. That's not necessarily a bad thing. But I still have it here for you to enjoy. If it starts annoying me every time I visit my blog, I will delete this post.

No comments: