Thursday, July 27, 2006

A basketball team


So, Tara had an ultrasound yesterday. All signs point to a girl. (Really, they just had to look around. It's like a random number generator - 9 - 9 - 9 - 9 - 9 - 9 - 9. (Prove it's not random.)

Anyway, it's not my turn to pick the name. (Mary and Ruth were mine.) Tara seems to be leaning toward Lily, and has let me know in no uncertain terms that I will not be auctioning off the baby's name to the highest bidder. That really too bad, because we need a new swamp cooler (or possibly central air, depending on how high the bids could have gone...). In a couple of years, we could have been sitting in the house during the summer, and she could have said something about hwo nice it was, and I would have said "We owe it all to you, little miss Think Different" (Steve, you out there somewhere?)

At least I can console myself with 2 things: 1) When they get older, they will all travel as a pack, and 2) I still have my campaign to run if Mary doesn't get married...

The girls are sad that it wasn't twins - They wanted to use the names Jack and Jill... (I think it was Emma's grand scheme to someday push them over a lot...)

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love the name Lily! And I can't wait for all of those girls to be teenagers..........