Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Nauvoo (Day 0.5)


We got to Nauvoo today. When I made our reservations, the guy told me that our place was on the 3rd floor and asked if that would be a problem. I told him no. I didn't realize how much stuff I would need to haul up the stairs. We made it, however.

The place is nice. It has a separate bedroom, a front room with a futon, and a kitchen/dining room. Just what you expect a suite to have. It's really nice for the rate they gave us.

We went to Carthage in the evening. (No pictures, sorry. I forgot my camera back in the room.) After visiting Carthage, we drove into Keokuk to pick up some supplies.

Driving into Nauvoo, we almost hit a deer. We were going 60 miles an hour, the deer jumped right in front of us. The brakes on our car work well, we have verified that now. Driving back that night, I think Tara was worried about wildlife jumping in front of us. Or she thought I was driving like a madman. Her eyes were peeled to the road the entire time. (It was dark...)

No comments: