Tuesday, July 18, 2006

We need our DVD's

We left about 50 DVDs back in Buffalo. I didn't know it at the time, but somehow it got assigned to me to pick them up and put them in the car. I am sure the conversation went like this:

Tara: "John, don't forget the DVD case sitting by the DVD player."
Me: (In my head: I've got the hammer, the book I forgot, I've refilled the cooler, I have to remember to send that email out for the stake, I need to call Tom to have him mow the lawn for me, I wonder where my sunglasses are...) "OK."

Now I don't want to make this sound in anyway like this was Tara's fault at all. By the time we got to the middle of Illinois, I hadn't even remembered being asked. If I had not replied at all, Tara would have picked up the DVD case and put it in the car, or else picked it up and handed it to me.

Anyhow, Mary and Kate have been asking a lot for the DVD's. Tara is wondering about the DVD's. Since it's 1am Eastern time, I figure a blog entry that will get picked up sometime tomorrow is a more socially acceptable reminder than a phone call at this hour. (And I will forget all about it by morning, so calling then isn't really an option...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why are you reminding me about dvd's? i'm not driving up to buffalo to get them.

just kidding.

rob

jjp said...

Great news! The DVD's arrived today. Thank you very much.

Tara said...

In my defense, I remember having a whole conversation the night before about how funny it would be if we left all the DVD's in Buffalo. I naturally thought this translated into, "John, make sure we get the DVD's before we leave because I can't remember anything when I'm pregnant and being rushed." Anyway, we have them now so no harm no foul.