Monday, July 17, 2006

Book Review


Jinxed: Baseball superstitions from around the major leagues
Edited by Ken Leiker

This was an interesting book. Short, but interesting. It talked about many well know players and the superstitions they had. Someone spent a very long time putting in all the graphic design work the book had in it.

My favorite was John Smoltz. It appears that whatever he was doing when the Atlanta Braves scored their first run, he would keep doing for that inning. Once it was jumping jacks, once it was eating chicken wings.

Needless to say, baseball players are weird. And very superstitous. A couple of times in the book, someone was quoted as they needed to have a routine to follow to get through the season. I think it goes back to my 'brain baking' theory from my mission: The longer people are out in the heat (like the High Desert), the crazier they get.

This is one of the reasons I have gotten Tara an air condictioner.

2 comments:

Tara said...

"crazIER" huh? What are you saying?

jjp said...

I'm just saying I didn't you want to be in the heat any more than you already were... :)