Sunday, July 23, 2006

Fireworks

We went up to Tara's parents house to see the neighbors light a bunch of fireworks off. It's nothing big, since anything that leaves the ground it illegal here, but the girls liked it. Tara kept amused by watching the guys light the things nearly light themselves up. They were lighting the things, then putting them down, or lighting them, then setting them upright after knocking them over, or lighting them, then standing next to them.

We didn't need to call for an ambulence, but I think it was close once or twice.

Tara says she is glad :
  • We can't light them near our house - too close to the mountain
  • We don't get a shipment of post- July 4th fireworks from Missouri every year, and have a good time lighting them off...
  • I don't burn the house down with fireworks.
That's okay I guess. Drew and I did a little 'show' over at his place for Anson and the girls last year, it was mostly smoke, sparklers, and the like.

The year we bought this house, our neighbor (who works in the same department as me) had a 3 day work marathon trying to fix a Netware outage just before July 4. He actually got done on the 4th. To blow off steam, he got up on his roof with some fireworks and a wrist rocket, and started lighting them and shooting them into the air. Several landed in our yard, still going off. I had the hose out ready to water the roof down.

So I guess what I'm saying is Happy Pioneer Day. (Monday) The day a lot of us here have off, banks and the mailman do not...

No comments: