Sunday, July 30, 2006

traffic light shortcut

A month or so ago, I asked Drew about the little sensors on many of the traffic lights in town. It turns out that they are there so that the light can change green if an emergency vehicle is headed down the road with it's lights flashing.

Well, I tucked this little tidbit away until today, when I was in a hurry. Coming up to a light, I flashed my brights at it a couple of times, and the light changed. Nice. Not that I will abuse it. I am fairly sure I will get a stern talking to if I get caught doing it, but it was a cop that told me about it...

That got me to thinking. Do all the lights in town turn green a certain direction after a lightening strike? Have thunderstorms been the cause of numerous traffic jams in the past? Maybe I should have been a mild mannered reporter instead of a hot tempered Unix sysadmin that beats up lockers in his spare time...

1 comment:

Mom said...

Something to consider..........