Thursday, July 06, 2006

Book Review


The Bourne Ultimatum
by Robert Ludlam

I liked this book better than the 2nd book, if I had to order them, I would go #1, #3, #2, with #3 coming in a close second.

The book returns to the story of the main character vs. Carlos the Jackal. Without giving too much away, it gives more in the story than just 'Spy vs. Spy' (I know neither were really spies, but I like the image Spy vs. Spy evokes.)

Anyhow, it was a good book. I liked that the author had several intertwining plot threads going along in the book. The book returned to the 'thinking' or whatever you want to call it that I thought was missing from the first book, but I liked about the first book.

I read a good chunk of the book on the trip out to Buffalo last Saturday, since then it's been sporatic bits at a time, but I really never got lost or thought I needed to re-read something, I just picked it up and got going. Not that it matters, I just thought I would mention it.

I have "The Bourne Legacy" to read, but I think I might want to shift gears and select a different type of book to read through before talking this one.

No comments: