Thursday, July 20, 2006

Return to Sender.

This is the casket I want to be buried in some day, if necessary. I think everyone will agree what a perfect statement this would allow my to make. (getting the last laugh, of course.) I found this some time ago, back then Tara was not so sure. I don't know if she's all that sure now, but I am sure I can talk Emma into it.

Just think, people are all sad that I died, then they walk into the chapel, and there I am, with my "return to sender" casket. Instant laughs. That's the way to do it.

I was talking to Kirk E. today, his wife's mother died this past weekend, they were shopping for caskets. I mentioned this one to him, he looked it up online and figured that this one was also the one for him. I happen to agree. I don't think he was able to talk his wife into getting it for her mother, though. Kirk is thinking about buying one and storing it in the basement...

2 comments:

Mom said...

I think it's you. Of course I probably won't be around to come to the viewing, but I can just hear everyone saying " What did you expect, it's so John?"

jjp said...

See, exactly my point. It's like the time I came in to a church party wearing the Beeker head I made, and as I came in, the Bishop's wife leaned over and said to him "Who's that?" The Bishop replied "That's John, of course."

It's just something that people wouldn't settle for less.