Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It's Swamp Cooler time!

It is kind of hot here. (You can look at the bottom of the page for the 7 day outlook.) I have yet to get the swamp cooler hooked up. The primary reason is that I was the only one here last month, and wasn't home during the day, so I really did see the need to climb up on the roof unsupervised to hook everything up.

Now is the time. It's supposed to break 100 degrees this weekend. (I hear you Arizona people saying "Only 100? we get that at Christmas!") Anyway, we don't have an air condictioner sitting here to cool things off, (at least not today, we don't. That could change tomorrow. We looked for one for the back room last year.) so I need to get the swamp cooler going. While Tara and the girls were gone, I was leaving the windows open at night, it would be nice and cool in the morning. That doesn't cut the mustard right now, when it only gets down to 70 at night, it's nice to leave the window open, but it doesn't do much for cooling down the house.

Anyway, I have to get busy on it, before Tara and the girls melt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know, the high doesn't bother us as much as the low at night (only gets down to 85-90). . .yikes. JJ