Monday, July 31, 2006

In Ft. Collins (A short travelog)

I thought I might get stopped at the Delta ticket counter, but it didn't happen. It turns out that the travel secretary did a conbination of my first name and middle initial. This name does not appear to be on the Terror No Fly list. They didn't even bat an eye. If I were a terrorist, (which I'm not, as far as I know.) I would try pulling something like that to get past barrier #1. (I hope by posting this, I don't end up with 'suits and sunglasses' at my doorstep...)

Jess and I tried to figure out how to get our machines to talk to each other to play a game. We figured it out after it was too late, the flight was ready to board, but the knowledge may help on Thursday when we come back.

Our flight was uneventful, at least for me, who slept through 80% of it.

We were on the shuttle to the rental place, and joking about cars. We said it would be about typical, and not very funny if the travel secretary booked us in a little tiny clown car. (There is at least 450 pounds of meat between the 2 of us...) The first stop let the Gold Member people of, they got to walk right up to their cars, no waiting in lines. we got the 2nd class service. On getting to the counter, we indeed had a compact booked, which I promptly upgraded. The lady a the counter said that I was now in the Gold Member program (Or whatever it's called at National), and next time I wouldn't have to sit at the counter. It's almost like the shuttle was bugged and they were ready for us...

Anyway, the Chevy Impala we are driving around it nice, I really like it.

No comments: