Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Superman or Batman?

Ok, time for a survey. Who would you choose, and why? The topic, Superman vs. Batman.

My answer:

Superman.

Batman does what he does from a sense of wanting revenge on the criminal element from the death of his parents. Superman does what he does because it's the right thing to do, with the powers he has. Batman's world is a world of darkness and shadows, Superman's is one of light and hope. People are afraid of Batman, even 'normal', non-criminal types. People look up in the skies to get a glimpse of Superman as he flies by, to see their hero.

Not my words: "Superman stands for what is powerful, clear, bright, noble and just: Batman is dark, obsessive and vengeful."

Anyway, I liked both of the recent movies. I still say go see "Superman Returns" while it's still in theatres, just don't take the little kids. They once talked about a Superman vs. Batman movie, maybe it will happen sometime...

And don't get me wrong, I watch Batman shows and movies. It's just if I had to choose, it would be Superman. And I don't think we will ever buy Batman the Animated series, the show is a little edgier, the villians are all crazy, and it's likely too scary for the girls. We already own all of Superman the Animated series.

3 comments:

Doc Payne said...

I am going to have to say Batman. For exactly the reason's you say not Batman.

jjp said...

Somehow I'm not surprised...

Mom said...

Aaaa, I have to say Superman, although Batman was always funnier. He had an edge, but he was funnier.