Monday, July 17, 2006

Book Review


The Bourne Legacy
Eric Van Lustbader

What? 2 books in one day you say? Well, the other book was short, I read it to and from work today. (About an hour of reading) This one has taken considerably longer to get through.

One of the reasons for this is that I really didn't like the author's style all that much. I went into the book expecting the characters from the Bourne series, and the writing style. The author didn't spend as much time writing from Jason Bourne's perspective as I expected.

In the end, I had spent enough time getting into the book, I finished it to find out how it ended. No real big suprises. By the time I get to Part 3 (of 3), I was finally into it, pushed away the previous misgiving, and finished the book.

Having said that, the book is OK, but if Mr. Van Lustbader writes another one, I likely won't bother. There's just too much extra junk in it, and I don't really care for his style. (Just jaded from my previous reasons, nothing personal.)

No comments: