Thursday, July 20, 2006

Injured hand update

People have been asking, here's the update.

On Monday night, I put the hand back in the split that the doctor gave. This was to keep it immobalized over night. That seems to have worked, but my pinkie was still mostly numb on Tuesday. Some of the pain had gone away, and I could like a little bit heavier stuff on Tuesday, but still couldn't close all the way to a fist or all the way open, and some turning hurt. I could also not type with that finger.

Today, I can once again make a fist, although I choose not too... I still can not put my full weight on the open hand, but I can use the pinkie to type again. I avoided most handshaking at the Stake meetings tonight. The numbness in the finger finally went away, and the bone in the hand just below the knucle really, really hurts to the touch. I wonder what I really did, but that's water under the bridge.

I have pulled out my stick, and should have just broken it on Monday, but it's out again in case I need it. I don't plan to really use it on anyone.

Hopefully in a day or 2, there will be no evidence that anything happened, and we can all pretend it didn't.

No comments: