Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dora the Explorer's Map = Arnold Horshack ???

I dedicated the better part of the afternoon to playing Zoo Tycoon 2. (OK, and a couple of hours after the girls went to bed also...) One of the nice things about that game is that it doesn't need your full attention, much of the time is spent waiting until you have money to do something again...

Anyhow, after Mary woke up from her nap, she wanted to watch a show. She picked Dora the Explorer. While it was going, it occured to me that the Map on that show sounds just like Arnold Horshack from "Welcome Back Kotter". I would give you a couple of links to listen to them, but I have tried a few times, just to have my browser crash on me...

Now I want to see a Dora episode where the map comes out and says "OOH, OOOH, DOOORA!"

a search of imdb.com shows that the guy who voices the Map is Marc Weiner. Horshack is Ron Palillo. They have different birthdates/locations, but are approximately the same age. Either Ron Palillo has a alias he uses for cartoon voice overs, or they are different people. Next time you watch Dora the Explorer, (could be a while for some of you) listen to the map, and then try to figure out why Dora has a map with an accent from Queens...

I don't want to talk about Boots, he just annoys me.

No comments: