Thursday, July 27, 2006

Evening Trifecta

Last night, Tara went to her book club, and the girls went to bed, and (I presume) went to sleep. I had stuff to keep me occupied: I needed to reinstall a server while preserving the data, I had Zoo Tycoon 2 open and was playing, and I was watching "MST3K: Overdrawn at the memory bank".

Zoo Tycoon - I was able to finish the scenario I was playing. The next one that came I ended up restarting 3 times because I was not paying attention to what I was doing...

MST3K - What a fine piece of cinema that movie was. Basically, it had a computer programmer that got in trouble for watching movies on the job. They implanted his consciousness into a baboon, something happened, and he ended up in the computer. Eventually he figured out how to control the computer, and things went from there. Sometimes I wonder if that's what happened to some of the programmers at work, at least up to the part about getting stuck in the head of a baboon...

Reinstall the server - Well, I was a little distracted, at one point, I accidently gave the installee the IP address of the installer, and brought them both to their knees. I guess they keep me around because I can fix any problem that I can create...

1 comment:

Dave said...

The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents.

Nathaniel Borenstein