Sunday, April 30, 2006

2006 Goal Update - 30 April 2006

We are now 1/3 of the way through the year...

1: Move up on ITRC forums. 3618 points this week, 27 points more than last week. I am firmly in slot 149 on the list. My goal is to get to slot 100 or better. I was doing good one this until about 8 weeks ago or so when I started a project at work that is taking a very large amount of time to complete. (Still not close.) I had estimated at the beginning of the year that I would need 1500 new points this year to get to slot 100, that theory is already busted, it maybe something like 2500 points for the year. To date, I have gotten 396 points, so I am a little behind both paces. I have moved up 13 slots, so that is something, and I was passed by about 6 people. There are 2 people directly ahead of me that no longer participate, and I am sure to pass them soon. Anyway, this will likely wait until after the vacation. Also, HP has promised to release the second half of the "HPUX Networking and Security Certified Systems Engineer" exam, I will likely take that in June while Tara and the girls are away. (Not that I need to take the exam, the little slip of paper means nothing, but it will be interesting to take.)

2: Mission Journal - Nothing new done this week. Really, I need to schedule a time sometime during the week to do this or it will continue to never get done. (Plus I need to finish it so that I can start the "John Payne - The (non-married) college years" memoirs. It's sure to be a best seller, and I know a number of people willing to give editorial input.)

3: Garden Retaining Wall - Nothing done this week. I think I will need to start buying blocks a dozen at a time, instead of an entire palette at a time, since I don't know anyone who has a truck large enough to handle the 1.5 ton load anymore. Plus if I get 12 at a time, I can just spend an hour on it and be done until the next batch...

4: 6 Wooden Chairs - Nothing done this week. I may not get around to putty, sanding, and painting on the 1 I made until after Tara and the girls are in Buffalo.

5: Weight - 214 this week, which I blame on the KFC/Tucanos/Burger King 1-2-3 punch I took this week. 214 is still ok, I am down 11 pounds since the beginning of the year. I am also starting that walking program, I expect to get plenty of walking in this summer, so it's ok. I actually think my ankle hurts a little less than it did at the beginning of the year, so maybe if I take off another 10 pounds this year, things will be good. (I have no intention of going below 200 pounds, in case you are wondering. If figure 200 is a good target weight for me now.) Also, my thyroid bloodwork came back ok with the 4 grains I have been taking, so I'm staying on that for another 3 months, hopefully it's balanced now...

6: Gazelle - Still waiting on the replacement part, but it's mostly for Tara to use, I'm not sure that I will start using it at all while I am walking to work. Maybe I should make a rule to use it on days when I end up getting a ride to or from work...

7: Vacation - I am giving the Airlines 8 more days to bring the fares down a little (pipe dream?) before I figure out what to do about the trip. I'm also putting vacations down on the Presidency Meeting agenda for Wednesday so that we all know when people will be gone. (Had I known the President was going to be out of town the week I went to Baltimore, I could have come a day eariler and stayed a day later...) I'm also waiting to see if the ricksaw rates come down. I may end up purchasing tickets on an airline other than Delta, which means another short trip at the end of the summer may be possible for Tara or me.

8: CPAP usage - The machine I have as a loaner is missing the attachment for the humidifier, some mornings I wake up a little plugged. I have also been having pretty bad allergies, which is making things harder. All in all, I think I am actually getting to use the thing now, and it definitely helps on nights I use it, there is a big difference...

Wasting time update - 413 badges at MSN games. (None this week)

Basically what I am saying is that the only goals I am not slacking off on are vacation and weight loss. I guess that's not all bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do i preorder "John Payne the nonmarried college years"?

rob

jjp said...

You're my senior editor, having lived through most of it. You get the 2nd print. (Tara has reserved the first print to hide from the girls...)