Thursday, April 20, 2006

In case of fire...

A few years ago I confiscated a ball from the girls. It has a velcro wrist strap, and an elastic string, so you can throw the ball and have it come back to you. It migrated to my office several months ago.

Today, I invented a new game. It involved throwing the ball away from me, when it got it's furthest out, yanking it back so it shoots the other direction. When it gets the furthest out, yank it again... The purpose of the game was to see how many times I could yank the thing without having it hit me in the head (or some other body part). This was not as easy as it seems. The ball does unpredictable things sometimes when it hits the wall, floor, or ceiling.

The final time I played the little game, I got up over 50 yanks, then the ball hit the fire extingusher. Lets just say that the glass really does break if you hit it. The game has been retired, just like kleenex bowling, and rubber band ball cricket. (And they wonder why the Alumni department did not want to move into our building.)

4 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, my gosh.... hope they don't start charging you for repairs...

Mom said...

Do you ever, like, work?

jjp said...

I get more done in 2 hours than some people get done all day...

Besides, when you are concentrating on half a dozen things all morning, you occasionally need a break. Hence, the games I make up...

jjp said...

Sorrel broke a very large window while practicing his rubber band ball cricket pitching, the one I broke actually still fits ok, the way that it broke. I'm not sure that they will replace it, seeing as the building is condemned and all... They are moving everyone downstairs from up this Spring becuase the upstairs has no windows and no fire exits. They might just get the glass from up there and bring it down. I hear that they are going to board up the upstairs so no one can get up there.