Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Shopping under the Influence

Some people say it's bad to go grocery shopping while you have a case of the munchies. I say, embrace the experience! The thing about shopping when you are hungry is you end up getting lots better food. (Or at least lots better tasting food...)

I just went to the store. I was hungry. I was set for bread and milk. Here is the list of things I bought:

3 1/2 gallons of ice cream
4 gallons of milk
a loaf of bread
a peach pie
Tyson hot wings (So I can be lazy when I want wings)
5 bags of chips (I only buy Dill Pickle chips when I'm really hungry)
13 yogurts
5 pounds of cheese
6.5 pounds of bananas
2.5 pounds of grapes
1 cantaloupe
5 pounds of oranges
10.5 pounds of apples
3 pears
20 pounds of potatos (or potatoes, if that's how you are...)

Grand total, $95.72, which is really expensive bread...

3 comments:

Mom said...

I'm going to start sending you to the grocery store for me! That's lots better stuff than I bring home.

jjp said...

I forgot to list the bratwurst, and I was not really all that impressed with the chicken wings, although they were really easy to cook.

Anonymous said...

there is also too much fruit on the list. where are the oreos?