Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Listening to baseball on the internet

I like to listen to radio broadcasts on the internet. There is something about listening to the games that's just great. I don't have to sit and watch, for one thing. I can listen and do any number of other things, even watch TV. (really. I'll read a book, play a game on the computer, listen at work, or whatever.)

Anyway, as I listen to the game, I just let my mind put the game together for me. Some of the radio announcers are better at describing the game and putting the picture out there for you than others. The Cubs announcers to a great job. (And the side banter is usually pretty funny.) The Mets announcers do a good job. There are a couple of stations that do not air their commericals on the internet. I really like that, no distracting beer commericals, car salesmen, etc. They are not there to interrupt the listening of the game. (Like if you were at the park watching the game.)

Today, there were no day games. There was one yesterday, but I got busy once I got to work. I listened to games last night and tonight. The game starts at 8pm my time, which makes it end really late. My bipap still isn't working, I have yet to call the lady back. Staying up late to listen to baseball and not sleeping well at night means I sleep in mornings. I have too much to do at work to be sleeping in, I need to get the bipap fixed. (Because going to bed early seems to be too hard.)

There are a bunch of games tomorrow during the day. I should be able to get a game or two in tomorrow during the day. (Some start at 11am my time, that makes it possible!)

Beat the Streak update: I went 6 days in a row. This was my best streak so far. It ended tonight, I start over tomorrow. Not changing my system yet, it did give me the best streak so far...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 really isn't much of a streak. where do you do it at, i want to sign up to test my skills vs. yours!

rob

jjp said...

Actually, the day I was looking at this, I was looking at it after 10pm my time, they had switched the person for the day. My current streak is still going. I am at 8 games now, the guy had a hit in his last at bat. I was asleep by this time, and missed it.

Anyway, you can go sign up at: MLB.com Beat the Streak

Good luck trying to beat me, and it doesn't count if you use my system...

jjp said...

9 game streak now...

jjp said...

That's it, I'm back to zero.