Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Things I learned on my vaacation

  • It's better to let people know you are leaving town. They stop pestering you that way.
  • Ruth travels very well
  • For a short trip, it's nice to not actually make your body change time zones.
  • If I put something in my wallet 6 months ago, then forgot about it and didn't use it, but airport security says they have to confiscate it, it likely wasn't all that important to me anyway.
  • To get things past security, it's all in how you stuff things in you bag. The thing that got confiscated was taken at BWI, not SLC. The SLC one was slipped in on it's side, the BWI one was lying flat.
  • Sometimes when leaving work for 3 days, 5 days of work piles up.
  • If the Stake President is gone at the same time, things are much easier.
  • Given time, Ruth will talk to her Grandma.
  • I'm sure there were more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

spelling vacation not being one of the things you learned.

Mom said...

What got confiscated?

jjp said...

I had a little 'swiss army card', the size of a credit card, but a little wider. It had a little pair of scissors on it, that kind of stuff. I got it free from HP a long time ago.