Friday, April 14, 2006

Stake High Priests social

The Stake had their annual High Priests social tonight. I had no plans to attend, not being a High Priest and all.

As expected, the Stake President called me at 5pm. He asked me if I was going to the social tonight, I told him no. He said "What do we have to do to get you to go to one of these, make you a High Priest?" Then he said "It's kind of weird how that works."

Now, I don't see any need to be made a High Priest, I can go to an Elder's Quorum activity just as well as I could a High Priests activity. I won't press the issue. I remember once someone telling me they wanted to be made a High Priest. I thought in my head "Be careful what you ask for, there are only a few ways people are normally made a High Priest.", but I did not say it. Sure enough, a few months later, he was called into a Bishopric. That's what he gets...

No comments: