Saturday, April 22, 2006

No New Car.

It turns out that the deal is also for all Chrysler group cars. We can get 1% below invoice for any Dodge, for example. One of the biggest problems with the Dodge Grand Caravan is that the dealership closest to us it very, very aggressive. To the point that one visit to them spoils any thoughts of going back. The last time we were buying a car, one of their salesmen said "What will it take to get you into this car today?" This had the opposite effect on me than the salesman was anticipating, I am sure.

Anyway, I went to the Mazda dealership today, they had 1 car on the lot that was like what we wanted, we couldn't find it when we were looking for it. I went home, Tara said she really wasn't emotionally tied to the 4 seasons/towing package, so after a trip to walmart, I went back. There was a car up at a dealership 60 miles away that matched our option 2, I had the guy spec out a tradein. They eventually came up $1700 short. They did offer an additional incentive or $500 I was not expecting, so I figured they were $1200 short, so I left. (I told them I would be back in the Fall, possibly.) On my way home he called back, got the tradein up by $500 more, but it's still not what I want. He started talking about the tax savings I would get with the tradein, and I could figure to save another $500 on the deal, but this was something I was already planning on, not something that the dealer was getting for me.

It would be a $26,000 car for $21,000, but I think it's still got a 'hold' status.

No comments: