Saturday, April 15, 2006

72 hour kits, part 2

I went to Walmart tonight looking for something we could use for the girls to make 72 hour kits. I would have saved a whole lot of time had I gone directly to the sporting goods section. They had some tackle bags, which had 4 containers for tackle in them, for 15 dollars. Had I not had anything for Tara and I already, I would have bought those. For the girls, I found these tote bags that were just the right size to fit in the lockers. They are little enough that we won't be tempted to put too much stuff in there, but big enough to fit water bottles lying down. These were 5 dollars each.

I filled their bags, and we had a little room at the top, so we put those little snack sized bags of chips at the top.

We all have 72 hour kits now, we will be ready for whatever happens tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you expecting something to happen tomorrow night?

rob

jjp said...

I didn't think I was, but now I wonder what will happen tonight...