Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Speaking of plane travel...

Flights between here and Buffalo have shot up like a rocket in the last few days. I have been watching to get tickets for 'Summer Excursion 2006'. I had a hold sign on for a few weeks. I have also been looking for flights from Delta, we have that $170 left on that voucher, it would be nice to use it towards the travel.

Last week, the tickets from Delta were $300, now they are at $425. (I was hoping to grab it for $250 or less.) I know it goes up and down all the time, but I can't imagine a whole lot of people will decide to buy those tickets. The hold sign is gone, the stop sign is up.

Now it will be a risk to buy tickets from Delta. They have that little problem with their pilots that looks like it may not turn out so good. I thought I remembered Delta working out a deal with the pilots last year, then they go and mess with them this year, so the pilots threaten to strike. I have always wondered what would happen to air travel if the government refused to help them anymore...

No comments: