Sunday, April 09, 2006

Something I remembered that happened to me once

The only other time I was really in D.C. doing a tourist type of thing was when I was 12 or 13, the Washington DC Temple was our temple. We did a multi- day youth temple trip. We had to bring our own spending money for things like food, souviners, etc in the city. I think they took care of our food on the road. (Can't remember for sure.)

We took the bus trip down, and checked into our hotel. At this point, I realized that the bulk of my money was missing. I wasn't really sure what happened, I just knew that at some point I had it, then it was missing. I spent 3 days eating nothing but popcorn (which I brought a couple of bags of), and sunkist soda (which I bought with pocket change, being the late 80's when pocket change could still buy soda from a vending machine.). I think a couple of people gave a little money, but everyone brought just enough.

Anyway, we enjoyed ourselves, spent plenty of time touring around. It's just really memorable for the diet I had then.

1 comment:

Mom said...

That's a new one on me... I didn't know you went 3 days w/o real food.... sorry.