Friday, April 14, 2006

72 Hour kits

I made Tara and me 72 hour kits tonight. A couple of years ago I picked up 2 old tape carriers. (For transporting DLT tapes, I think.) I pulled them out tonight and made up the kits. Now I just need to find 4 of something that I can get for the girls that would fit in their lockers, and would be easy to grab. I'm thinking something lunchbox size or something...

Anyway, they are sitting by the door now. In them we have:
  • 5 bottles of water
  • 4 packs of gum
  • 2 things of Ramen
  • 4 granola bars
  • A lightstick
  • a poncho
  • An emergency blanket
  • a toothbrush & toothpaste
  • A pen
  • A pair of socks
  • A set of garments
Then we have a little bit of different stuff. Tara has:
  • A can of spam
  • a package of wipes
I have:
  • A flashlight, 3 sets of batteries, and 2 spare batteries
  • A box of Mac & Cheese
I figure that really what I need is water an a change of dry underclothes more than anything else. At this point, if I'm anywhere near home, we get out, then go to the Stake Center, or wherever the Stake Presidency goes. Once the Stake is taken care of, there is potential that I spend time after that at work, depending what happens. Anyway, what we have is better than nothing.

Our plan is to open it up every Conference, replace the food, then eat out the old stuff, we just need to get something for the girls...

No comments: