Friday, April 21, 2006

Carseats

We got 3 of the 4 girls new carseats last month. I think Emma is still a little jealous. I tried to put her carseat in the back seat with Mary and Kate (What a party that would be...) just before the soccer game this evening. Emma leaped into the back seat when she saw what I was doing. It looks like she would really like to be back there. (The 3rd row party seat.) Emma's seat would not fit.

Tonight I ended up taking apart Kate and Mary's seats. They had little cupholders on them that were taking up too much real estate. The cupholders are now gone, and Emma's seat fit into the back, but it did not fit so that Mary and Kate would be able to buckle their seats.

Ruth's seat, however, did fit just fine in the back. This is not to say we would subject Ruth to that kind of punishment necessarily, but we are strongly concidering buying Emma a seat like Ruth's. (They go to 40 pounds, Emma has a ways to go before that happens.)

Either way around it, we may soon be back to having room for a passenger in our van again. (This is especially good when Tara and the girls decide to go somewhere and take Tara's parents with them, because there would be room for both of them.)

2 comments:

KayStar said...

Just make sure you get what your van you have now is worth. A lot of times they will give you pennies for it, and give you a new car for a "good deal". Other times they give you a lot of money for your traid in, but they jack up the price on their new car. Just be carefull! It is all a money game to them, they are not going to give you a good deal unless they bennifit from it. And when they say "employee pricing" they dont mean it. Remember back in December the big thing was "employee pricing"? And everyone was buying cars? Well on MSNBC they did some research, and the "employee pricing" was actually MORE than the REGULAR pirce, it was all just a gimmick. And when we were looking for new cars, we went to cars-mart, and they gave us a price and told us what we could get for our cars, and showed us some cars that we could get for a good price. Then Drew went to other places and they offered him more money for the trade in, but jacked up the price for the new cars. Luckly Mindy my sister worked at cars-mart, and we talked to the sales man and he explained to us, he will give us what our car is worth, and he will give us a car for what they got it for. And that is the real "Employee Discount".
So what I am saying is just be carefull. Mindy still works at cars-mart (till next tuesday) if you want I will tell her you are interested, and see if she can hook you up with the real employee discount. let me know asap. she just got a new job, and tues is her last day, so you only have a couple of days to get it.

jjp said...

It's not really employee pricing, they send their employees to the same site. I have a list on the MPV's on what MSRP is, and what the program price is, the way I figured the costs was adding things up. I fully intend, if we do this, to walk out of the dealership several times, and get up and leave if they yank my chain at all. (It should be me doing the yanking...)

Oh and one other thing. If a salesman says "What will it take to get you into this car today?" My answer will be "Don't ask me that question ever again.", then I will immediately get up and leave.

You can be sure I will not be pushed around. The vehicle we have is perfectly fine, time (and my money) is on my side.