Sunday, April 09, 2006

Nearly bought a suit

I nearly bought a suit yesterday. Dave forgot his Sunday clothes, so we went to a store. We ended up at a Burlington Coat Factory, I think it was 2 or 3 times bigger than the one at home. While waiting, Ruth and I looked at the baby stuff, then wandered over to the suits. They had a number of expensive suits on sale for just over $100.

I looked through them, and found one that was a potential candidate. I even tried it one.

I did not buy the suit. (Don't you hate when the punchline is given away in the title?) My reasoning was as follows:

  1. Buying a suit would force me to start breaking my "wearing a suit only when there is an ordinance involved, or other special occasion" long standing rule
  2. I was not sure if Tara would like the multi colored pin stripe
  3. I need new sneakers, and figured if I spent money on something, it should be footwear, not a suit.
  4. Same as rule number 1.
I got Ruth a stuffed animal instead.

No comments: