Saturday, April 15, 2006

New Sneakers

After having passing up a new suit because I would rather buy new sneakers, and passing up buying junk from the SkyMall because I would rather buy new sneakers, I went out today and bought new sneakers.

Our first stop was Gart Sports. (This was because traffic was really bad going to the theater, so we bought tickets for the next showing, the mall was right next door. For the record, we highly recommend Curious George for families with children ages 8 and under...) It turns out I should have been shopping for shoes there all along. Not only do they have a very large selection, (this one is a "Superstore") but they have a lot of different sizes of stuff.

The pair I got are made by "New Balance". Gart's had a lot of different types of this companies shoe, and they had a lot of "extra wide" shoes. I don't know why, but I like it. I actually found 2 different pairs with little effort that fit my foot. This is a new record. I ended up getting the pair that was $20 cheaper, being on sale.

I have to say, if these shoes last, and this company is still around when I need a new pair, I will go directly to Gart's and start trying on all the New Balance shoes they have. No more piddling around from store to store.

3 comments:

Dave said...

new balance is what I have gotten the past couple of times. they are pretty good shoes.

Mom said...

Yep, me too. In fact, I think the clerical staff in my office is going to start wearing scrubs next month, and you can better believe that I am headed out to get a new pair of New Balance sneakers.

jjp said...

I wish someone had pointed me in this direction 3 years ago...