Monday, April 24, 2006

Restaurant Review

Costa Vida: Fresh Mexican Grill

Tara wanted their grilled steak salad with black beans. I went here fully intending to getting the grilled steak salad, some chips and salsa, and maybe something for me.

I ordered the grilled steak salad, they queued it up with the tortilla, rice, beans and meat, then the employee disappeared. Another guy came back several minutes later to say: "We have not salad sir." Nothing else, just that. He finished the burrito before the one I ordered, they paid me no further heed, so I walked out. No salad, no chips and salsa, no nothing. It was nearly 10pm, maybe they had been selling lots of salads that day, but is that really an excuse?

It reminds me of the time I went to Taco Bell, they were all out of meat. How does Taco Bell run out of meat? I then tried ordering something with steak, there was no steak. I ordered a chicken something-or-the-other and some bean burritos. The guy behind me tried ordering, they enventually told him that they were also out of chicken.

Tara's #2 choice was a 1/4 pounder and a salad from McDonald's. I was not in the mood for McDonald's, so it's nothing for me.

Earlier in the evening we concidered a place called Buffet King, we heard that they are running a $4.99 special all week. Unfortunately, we had no desire to take our tired and crazy kids, and the buffet king was not answering his phone to confirm this rumor I heard.

Anyway, in general I like Costa Vida, I have been there before, but I guess 10pm is not a good time to show up at the place.

No comments: